Distinguished gentlemen —
We have arrived to our twelfth season of TPDFFL, and our tenth consecutive year of the same 10 guys. I wanted to refresh your memory on a few things. First of all, re-congratulations to Erik Schwegler for being our defending champion! We now have four owners in our league with multiple Robbie Bowl Championships: Terrance (3), Jake (2), Aaron (2), and Erik (2). We still have four owners that have never won a Robbie Bowl (Chase, Schweg, Jarrett & myself). Sean and Jacob are the other two, both with 1 Robbie Bowl Championship.
As you recall, we revamped our financial system for 2022. Every owner pays $150 to buy-in and there are no more transaction fees. This gives us a total pot $1,500. Once we take out our league expenses, which are approximately—
Wix.com Website Editor Subscription: $45
RobbieGouldLockItUp.com Domain Registration: $13
Trophy Engraving: $15
Last Place & Best Coach Award: $40
Approximate Total Expenses: $113
— then we are left with $1,387. 85% of that will go to 1st place, which comes out to be about $1,175. 2nd place will take the other 15% which is about $208.
We also put a policy in place where the lowest scorer of the week has to pay a $5 fine. After the 14-week regular season, the league will have accumulated $70 in lowest-scorer fines, and that money will be awarded to the winner of the 3rd place game. There are no fines for lowest scorer in the playoffs.
We included a new provision about special teams scoring: If a team scores a TD in a special teams formation, which is defined by having a kicker lined up in field goal formation or a punter lined up in punt formation to qualify, then 6 points for a touchdown shall be credited to that team's D/ST. No points will be credited to individual players for yards or touchdowns.
Similar to the special teams fumbles, this will be a manual scoring adjustment. They can be applied instantly, or the commissioner can wait until Monday night (or possibly later, contingent on any late scoring adjustments from the NFL or Yahoo) to review the special teams box scores to apply scoring changes.
Following the first inactive start of the season by an owner, he shall be fined $5.
Following the second inactive start of the season by an owner, he shall be fined $10.
Following the third inactive start of the season by an owner, he shall be fined $15, and he will be disqualified from playoff contention.
Don't forget to set your team names and get a profile pic! And if you haven't gotten your $150 buy-in yet, please do so in the next week.